Monday, February 25, 2008

Don't Drift Away Now and Again



If you're like me, you haven't seen something like the picture above too much lately. Maybe once a week, or even every day when times get bad enough.
It's funny, well not really funny in the sense of haha, but I find it interesting that I'll have days where I say to myself, "Wow God, where are you? I haven't seen you lately." Very faintly God will reply, "I have been here, where have YOU been?" With a hurt expression, I normally reply, "Oh, about that...", then talk about how busy I've been.
In reality, it's always us who draws away. God has this crazy, passionate love for us. In His love, for seemingly no reason as we are anything but lovable, he is always seeking us. Who knows why? This love always should direct man back toward God, but someway we always wander away from God and in result, wonder where He is.
Yesterday I realized that someway I had drifted away from God. Simply put, I had not stopped to say hi to God daily and meditate on his Word and Law. Funny that, well not really funny, despite how simple God makes this relationship, we still fail at it. Today I thank God for His Justice, Grace, and Love for us.

Read Matt 19 and Psalms 43.

No comments: