Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankless Thanksgiving

Today I woke up to the sound of my alarm, causing me to sigh and roll over as is usual for my mornings. Today I took two friends with me to enjoy thanksgiving with my family. The day was great and we came back full and happy. It wasn’t until 6:00pm that I realized today is a day of thanksgiving. Not that this day is sanctioned by God or anything, but should everyday be a day of thanksgiving? On the way to the bathroom I realized this, so I spent my time in the bathroom doing what I do often there, think.

In the event of trying to think thankfully, I found myself more in need. Before God, the list began of things I needed, and don’t think bicycles, iPods, and money. I needed something spiritual. My mind went to emotional scars and pains yet to be healed but which are in the process of being healed. That’s where my thoughts and prayers ended, on asking God’s help.

I looked for a good quote to put here, about how God likes to hear his children ask for help, but I couldn’t find one. Despite my lack of findings, I’ll just let it be known that God knows that we’re in need, likes to hear that we’re in need (but takes no pleasure in pure neediness) and loves to fill our needs because he’s our Father.

No comments: