Sunday, December 2, 2007

An Act of Forgiveness

Have you ever been at a point in your life when you realize that what you thought you were doing was good, but in fact you discover it is wretched? In dismay, you listened as someone finally told you that your motives were probably wrong. Feeling a tinge of guilt, you stiffened up and maybe even crossed your arms, looking towards the wall and doing anything possible to avoid eye contact.

I just had one of those moments where my self righteousness quickly turned to shame, and I don’t know what to do. I’ve weaved a complex web of wrongness, and while I know that apologies are in order, also there are some actions in order. These actions are not ones I’m particularly fond of, and rather they scare me. They’re not actions out of guilt, but they are things I should have done a long time ago.

As a Christian I know that God gives me the chance to rejoin my path no matter how far I’ve deviated. Now the problem is, when can I have the opportunity to correct things? I need patience and sound vision, awaiting the time to make things right. I just hope it doesn’t kill me inside before I’m able to say that I’m sorry.

No comments: